Friday, September 13, 2013

Lady Heather's Curiosities images emerge for Friday 13th

Hello everyone!!!  I'm here to share with you the coming out of Lady Heather ;o)  She will be out a few times until Halloween!!!  Which is really awesome for those of us that like to play with darker images ;o)



For those of you that prefer the cuter softer version don't worry things will be back to the norm soon... in fact for the upcoming challenge this weekend. ;o)
In fact this little Amelia was a freebie for those of you that wanted to participate in a little challenge over on our FB group.  Not a member yet?  You should join here  this way you will not miss out on some fabulous action!!!  Now if you want to go and check out the awesome new darker digis you need to go to the store here
This time in preparation for Halloween I decided to make something a bit different.  I made a wall hanging.  I used some thick cardboard for the backing (it was part of a package that I received by mail- loving to recycle).  I used a little chain that I had for jewelry making some brads from eyelet outlet and there was my start ;o)  This will not be my last one... because this one is now on my bedroom door... and the kids want some too!
The paper is from DCWV - Midnight spell.  I used the last of my ribbon purchased last year at Michael's :(  I really saved all the little bits...  I used my Memory box spider web die cut.  I thought it looked spookier with the digi under it... and the big creepy spider coming down!  I cut the ring part of the spider and sticked her on some foam.  The sentiment is part of a new set of stamps that I purchased this past weekend it's a graphic 45 set and I just could not resist!!!  It was perfect for this type of project.

Here's a closer look at the digi colored with my copics (as well as the big spider lol - I really hate those btw... I have to remind myself that they are only toys... and fitting for this type of project ;o)  I edged the image with some Black soot distress ink.

And here it is hanging on my door

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

  1. Left of center challenges - LOC or no designer paper - this is definitively LOC ;o)
  2. Haunted design house - Halloween in your face - I really love the dark purple for Halloween with the black 
  3. Smudgy antics - Embellishments - used the spider and some not so scary ribbon and brads!

And that's it for now!  Hope you have liked what you have seen on my darker blog ;o)

Hugs

9 comments:

  1. I like you right where you are, Vicky! The darker, the better, LOL! I had a bit of fun over at Lacy Sunshine myself today and adore the new images. Your hangiing ROCKS! thanks for sharing with HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - love that image Vicky and it's really good to see you exploring your Dark Side :-D
    Thanks for joining us over at HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE :-)

    IKE xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Vicky!! I love the way you have placed Amelia behind the web!. Always nice to do something a little different than a card isn't it? :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab wall hanging, love the way youve done your blog too, very creepy banner at the top :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant and how cool to make it a wall hanging. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not surprised the kids want one of your wall hangings if this is anything to go by. Fabulous use of some old packaging and love the image under the diecut - really effective. Thank you for sharing your art with us at HDH :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how wonderful Vicky. I love it. Beautiful wall hanging.such a wonderfully haunted piece.
    Thank you for joining us at smudgy antics this challenge.
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freaking fabulous! I absolutely adore every single item in your wall hanging! That spider web die cut is amazing and looks perfectly placed on top of your awesome image. Fab embellishments as well. You totally rocked this one! Thanks for playing along with us again at Smudgy Antics this fortnight :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How divine! Love her to bits, beautiful colouring! I NEED that web die..off to shop LOL! Thanks for joining us over at Smudgy Antics!!

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...