Monday, September 23, 2013

Edward is immortal

Hello everyone!!!  I'm here tonight to share with you a little make that I did for my daughter!  She totally totally loooove Twilight.  And so I wanted to make something special for her door for Halloween and I think I succeeded.  I'm not sure if my boys will read this and respect it... but I did try lol

I  used a great new stamp set that I got from Visible Images that's called Edward is immortal.  I liked their stamps with sploshes and crackes... I took the opportunity of an order to purchase that one as well.

I wasn't sure if I would like to stamp because it was clear acrylic stamps and well... some of those don't come up as sharp as the rubber.  But this was totally fabulous!!!  Loooove how it came out perfect the 1st time around.  I will definitively be purchasing some more as soon as my bank account allows it lol

So back to my creation.  I decided that I would do this in the red and black because it was appropriate for a vampire, it also fit the letters that I wanted to use from Immortal love - DCWV.  The only problem is I ran out of some of those letters... so I had to be original and mix some black ones!  I also wanted to play over at Punk you girl and the challenge is red and black so this was going to fit the bill!  My daughter looooove it! ;o)  That's the best reward.  I just hope her cat Hendrix doesn't destroy it.  He was already scratching it up this morning...
So the letters as mentionned are mostly from DCWV - Immortal love and I also use the DP from that set (can you tell I'm a huge fan of Twilight?!?).  I made my very own little recycling on this.  I used a bottle beer cap and stuck a skull in it and then used some embossing powder (after hearing the trick from Nikki) and I had already made the hole and stuck a chain and a charm trough it.... I made a big mess.... it fell through the hole as I was heating it up... and also flew everywhere initially... so I think I will do this with glue next time... I read about epoxy... but I didn't  have any.  Live and learn right?!?  I added a chain and some brads to the top to get it to hook up to the door. 

Here's a closer look at Edward colored with my copics.  I made his eyes red... he needs to go and feed!
Here's the look when it's on the door!
And here's the little modified bottle cap ;o)  I love that recycling idea!!!
I'm entering this in the following challenges:
  1. Visible image FB group - Challenge to use one of their stamps
  2. Punk you girl - Red and black challenge
  3. 2 sisters challenge blog - Recycling - the bottle cap
  4. Haunted design house - Who are you supposed to be - I already stated in a earlier make that I would have loved to be a mummy... but I also loooove vampires so that would have been really cool as well!
That's it for me!  Hope you have liked my creation.  Looking forward to your comments!!!  Thank you.

Hugs

6 comments:

  1. WoWza - totally stunning Vicky.... I bet she loved this :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for playing along at HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Vicky! Love the charms and his red eyes...spooky!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable love it thanks for playing with us at PYG this time good luck and hope to see you again
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great door hanging decoration! I'm so glad your daughter loves it! Think mine would too - will have to do something like that for her! Thanks for sharing at PunkyouGirl this month, wee have a new challenge starting shortly I hope to see more from you there! Fab!! Mo PYG DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB door hanging Vicky, glad your daughter loved it. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House :)

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...