Friday, September 13, 2013

Delicious Doodles - DT card - Sept 13th

Hello Everyone!  I thought that this time it was best to bring my DT post from Delicious Doodles Challenge to this side of my blogging world.  Yup it's a darker type of craft... so this was more suited for here.

For this creation I decided to do a little bit of recycling!  My oldest son took off a tag from his shirt and I grabbed it before it could end up in the garbage!  I just love the added stitching and the texture of it.  And now I have mentionned this to my other kids... and they are all looking at their tags from new clothes and wanting to offer them to me lol They will not be seeing them the same way anymore.

So anyhow this is how the tag looked originally

And here's what it looks like with the addition of the fabulous image Virgo Horroscope version.
I fussy cut the image.  I used some left over paper and embossed it with my Tim Holtz texture fades embossing folder.  I added a little sentiment from Tiddly Inks.  It's part of the Hello Pet extra and I thought it really fit with this image.  I added a little ribbon and rose from my stash.

Here's a closer look at the fabulous image colored with my copics.


I'm entering this little tag in the following challenges:

  1. Smudgy antics - Embellishment - I added a little rose and a bit of ribbon - kept it really CAS actually so that the focus is on the awesome image.
  2. Left of center challenges - LOC or no designer paper - did both for this!
  3. Haunted design house - Halloween in your face - I just love purple and black as Halloween colors. fun change from the orange!
  4. Artistic inspirations challenges  - Anything but a card/Anything goes
  5. Paper makeup stamps - Make your own background that's what I did with the embossing
  6. Crafts 4 eternity - Recycle

I have another post coming up on this blog later today.  I really hope you will be coming back for it!  Yup it will get a bit more busy on this blog as we approach Halloween ;o)

Hugs

15 comments:

  1. Great idea to recycle the tag, Vicky! Perfect fussy cutting nad the embossing is terrific. Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCELLENT - that is a brill idea and I love how you did the image :-) I snagged a couple of really cool labels off some jeans recently. Haven't decided quite what to do with them yet though. This is a brilliant re-cycle :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Vicky! Amazing transformation on that tag! I am a Virgo and a huge fan of DD images, so this ROCKS!
    Thank you for joining us in the dungeon at HDH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Vicky! Loove the image and great colors and kudos to you for recycling! Thanks for joining us in the dungeon at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation, love the image and fabby colors. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool to recycle. Loving the colours too. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you for nabbing that tag and using to such great effect with Teri's fab image. Thank you for sharing your art with us at HDH :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely brilliant idea

    thank you for sharing with us at Artistic Inspirations

    Kerrie Dt x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an interesting change! Thank you for playing with us at Crafts 4 Eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb! Excellent. she even looks like she has a sweaty T shirt this is marvelous. Thanks for joining us at Smudgy Antics this challenge.
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very spooky! She looks as if she's coming right off the tag to get you!!! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous tag with an awesomely creepy image! I love your recycled elements and your beautiful coloring! Your rose embellishment is gorgeous and works perfectly with your image and color scheme. Thanks for playing along with us at Smudgy Antics this fortnight :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh she's wicked awesome! Wonderful colouring, great tag!!! Thanks for joining us over at Smudgy Antics!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is such a great idea with the tag!!! The image is great, your sentiment is perfect with it! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Left of Centre! Mo DT xxx

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...