I didn't participate this year because 31 days... that's a whole lot of creations... especially if you didn't plan it in advance in my case. I also have a really busy time at work because we are moving offices on the 17-18 of October and October also happens to be our year end so a busy time for a finance director lol. But I will get my little ass in gear for next year!!!
So because I soooo love the idea of this. I have created a journal that will be given to my daughter as a little gift at Christmas time. She really loves vampire stuff so this is perfect. And I really went over the top at least I think...
I started up with a regular spiral notebook. I paid 2.97$ with another 50% off for it... so not too expensive you can see ;o)
Here's the before look:
Click the read more to see the rest and see what it looks like now ;o)
And now the final look
I used some Aluminium tape found in a hardware store. I embossed it in sections with one of my spellbinder embossing folder. Then I used a bunch of inks on it (alcool based adirondack inks). I used some lace that my stepmom had given me. I added some letters from DCWV - immortal love letters. I also added a bunch of ribbon to the spiral.
Here's a closer look at the digi colored with my copics and to which I added some stickles.
And here's a look at the back of the book. Before glueing the cardboard to the book, I put a ribbon in between so that it will close with a bow.
I'm entering this in the following challenges:
- Left of Center - LOC or element of water - this is the LOC part
- A creative romance - Fairytale or winged creation - this would be the winged part ;o)
- Creative fingers challenge blog - Anything goes with ribbon/lace - well got both ;o)
- Crafty ribbons challenge - Anything goes with ribbon
- Dreamweaver stencils - Mystical and magical
- Twisted tuesday challenges - Heavy metal - use layers and metal
- All-crafts-challenge-augustseptember - Anything but a card
- 4 krafty girlz challenges - Anything goes
- As you like it challenge - Favorite not a card project and why - I think this is one of my favorite because I made it for my daughter as a present and I had her in mind while making it ;o) I really love vampires as well and it was a great way to incorporate something and give her a keepsake from her mom
That's it for me for today. Continue checking this blog... there will be more posts coming up lol